The silk base closure with bundle hairstyles
What is a silk base closure?
Ever wonder what a silk base closure is? As the name implies, a silk closure is a square of fabric that hair is hand-tied into, giving the illusion of a scalp. Silk base closures can be sewn into wigs, or, can be sewn onto the wearer’s natural braids, and can blend into sewn-in hair extensions
What are the Pros and Cons of Having Silk Base Closure?
- It has a longer lifespan since it is thicker.
- Silk closures don’t need any type of bleaching.
- Having a silk base makes the closure blend well with the scalp, giving you a more natural look.
- You need to dye the silk base if you happen to have a much deeper skin color.
- Since it is thicker, it takes special crafting to make it lay flat on the scalp once installed.
- It is difficult to scratch an itch due to the thickness of the fabric.
- As the hair grows, the closure shifts, revealing the hair underneath or giving the hairpiece a “wigg”
Which is better silk closure or lace closure?
In comparison to the silk closure, the lace closure is naturally thinner and more flexible; it will easily conform to your head, resulting in a flat and seamless installation. However, the knots on the lace closure are visible with obvious grid lines, which can be quite noticeable if they’re not tweaked first.
HD lace closure is the best hair closures for 2020. If you are looking for natural looking styles in 2020,this will be the best HD lace closures you should try on
Lace Top Closures are perfect if you have thinning hair at the crown, and can be worn as a protective style to avoid leaving your natural hair out with a full head weave.
What’s the difference between silk and lace?
What is a Closure?
By definition a closure is referred to as an oblong or square-shaped piece of fabric, that has hair attached to it, with the sole purpose of being placed on the top or side of your hair to be used as a finishing piece to close in an install (sew-in or quick weave).
Types of Closures
In comparison, both lace and silk closures help to secure and close the install. If properly installed both of them offer a complete look while creating the scalp-like effect.
However, the difference lies in it’s base:
- Foundation: the first difference is pretty self-explanatory. One has a silk base and the other lace with an end goal to mimic the scalp.
- Colors: The lace closure exists in much more different variations/colors than the silk, those colors are made to match the scalp color. Silk closures do not have as many options.
- Construction: The texture of the lace base is very thin and semi-transparent. However, the silk base is thicker in texture posing an obstacle to lay flat after being installed.
Who needs a Closure?
Closures have become very popular for natural women that do not want the burden of having leave-out. A lot of our natural friends wear them because they don’t want to risk leaving hair out and possibly damaging it. Instead of traditional sew-ins, many women are opting for total protection by finishing off their style with a closure piece. Closures are also ideal for women that battle with hair loss. This piece comes in various sizes and if properly installed, it mimics the scalp & generally matches perfectly to the weave itself. Since your own hair will be totally protected underneath, you reap the benefits of keeping your own hair healthy (no heat), while completing the style of your choice. The flexibility and versatility of closures make them applicable for just about all types of hair, whether natural, scanty, permed or the less thrilling receding hairline.
Detailed Side By Side Comparison – Silk Vs Lace
Our Dear Friend Christian breaks down the difference between the two types of 4 X 4 closures that we offer. Watch the video from start to finish so that you can see which kind of closure she prefers.
Which closure part is better?
Lace closure is properly the most popular type of closure, because it is the most comfortable and usually best for head. Lace closures are hair pieces that human hair strands hand-knotted on the lace hole, which is more elastic and thicker than other bases.
You can try the free-style and 3 part closures, both offer versatile partings once applied and easy to style, but it is essential that you bleach the knots for either style of closure. If compared with free part closure, you cannot style three part lace closure in many ways. You always have to think about hairstyle which suits three parts on the head. Three part closure is useful for particular style while free part closure offers multiple hairstyle in no time. It all depends on your needs. And most of our customers selected free part closure.
Africanmall lace closures ensure that your hair products look natural on your head. The lace closure is made from 100% virgin human hair. No shedding, no tangle. No matter what you want, African mall Hair can provide a variety of lace closures such as Brazilian straight hair, Peruvian body wave hair, Malaysian curls, Indian deep hair and loose wave closure. Free and three-part lace closures are popular on the market and very practical.
African mall lace closures made from Brazilian hair or 100% virgin human hair can seamlessly cover the scalp, making your wig look absolutely perfect! You can choose the free part lace closure, middle part closure or three part closure. So what is the difference?
What Is Free Part Closure?
A free part closure has the ability to be parted anywhere throughout the closure, the 3 part closure can only be parted where the 3 parts are unless you want to manipulate the closure by pulling hair out. It’s just the way the hair is installed on the lace.
What Is Three Part Closure?
Three way part closure means that the closure has three parts. One in the middle, one in left side and one in right side, which gives you several options for hair parts.
What Is The Difference Between Free Part Closure Vs Three Part Closure?
Three part closure are easier to install and you can switch between different side parts.
* When wearing a three part lace closure, the 100% virgin human hair bundles will need to be installed without any errors because if the closure is slightly off, the whole wig will look not natural.
* Three part closure can provide a fun and unique look, but sometimes you can still catch a peep of the other parts that you are trying to cover.
* Lots of women use free-part closures because they like the freedom of deciding where to part their closures. They don’t like that “hard part” in the other types of closures.
* Unlike pre-parted closures (middle part, three part closure), free part closures don’t look bad at the slightest error in the installation process.
* Free part closure is more convenient for hair designers because they are free to separate and look more natural.
How Many Bundles You Need For Any Hairstyle
The weather is getting colder this time of the year and the season of protective styling is upon us. This means that we would be making decisions about which protective styles we want for our hair, in order to keep our kinky curls moisturized and avoid the frequent build-up of dirt.
When deciding on which protective styles to go for such as natural hair wigs, sew-ins, natural hair clip ins, or bundles, the decision making can become an arduous and challenging process considering our hair budget.
To help you make better protective styling decisions, we will explore how many bundles of natural hair extensions you need to rock several bundle hairstyles.
What does bundle mean in hair?
Bundles are a collection of high-quality hair extension wefts that have been tied up together (usually with a ribbon) and sold to be used for weaves. Commonly sold by hair vendors specializing in virgin hair, this type of hair normally originates from Asia, where most virgin hair is procured.
The bundle hair extensions are often more pricey than the regular pack extensions. However, they are less prone to shedding, and with good maintenance and appropriate installation, they can be reused for years. Bundle hair extensions allow experimenting with different styling options -from adding color to cuts or highlights, the experience is the same as styling your own natural curls.
When shopping for natural hair bundles, hair texture preferences is an important factor to watch out for. Bundles come in a variety of density and textures. You can get your natural hair bundles from 3B- 4C hair textures, ranging from the Afro Kinky, Kinky Coily, Kinky Curly, And Kinky Blow Out Texture. Going for these textures means that you will not require so many bundles to pull them off.
You can get your bundle hair extensions in either the synthetic or human hair types. If you desire a more natural-looking hairstyle, the human hair bundle extension is a more convenient option.
There are two ways you can install your bundles. You can either opt for a sew-in, which is easier to maintain, more affordable and can typically last for about six months, or the glue and tape methods. The glue method involves the use of liquid adhesive directly on the hair. And for the tape method, one to two wefts with double-sided tape is attached to the hair.
Whether you are going for a sew-in or any other hair extension styles, knowing how many bundles you need to achieve various bundle hairstyles is a key factor.
A pack of bundles is usually a full 4 ounces, and the amount of bundles you will need is largely dependent on the desired style, preferred volume, and the quality of the bundles itself. Also, if you want a shorter length, you won’t require as many bundles as you would if you are going for a longer style.
- Kinky Curly Sew In
- Curly Full Sew In With Bangs
- Partial Sew In
- Straight Sew In
What is the difference between bundles and pack hair?
Put simply, most of the time, the difference between bundle hair and packaged hair for the beauty supply store is the quality. When buying bundles, you are generally looking for 100% virgin remy hair, great quality that lasts a long time.
What are the types of bundles?
The four main types of vascular bundles: Collateral bundle, Bicollateral bundle, Concentric bundle, Radial bundle. 1. Collateral bundle: It is a type of vascular bundle in which phloem strands are present externally to the xylem strands on the same radius side by side is called a collateral bundle.
Which hair bundle is best?
Brazilian hair bundles are of the highest quality of human hair extensions which is totally natural and not processed through chemical method. Being widely used in nowadays hair market, it has the characteristics like soft, thick, and durable.
- Supposedly more humidity resistant than Indian hair.
- True Brazilian hair is durable, but it is also very dense, so it poses some limitations in terms of movement and styling.
- Curly Brazilian hair holds tighter curls, making them stiff and almost impossible to flat iron.
Malaysian hair is collected from the Hindu temples of Malaysia where women give their hair as part of a ceremony that affirms their spiritual commitment. Even though this practice happens annually, it is not as common in Malaysia as in many other countries, such as India. This makes true Malaysian hair extremely rare and the label “Malaysian” is primarily used as a descriptor for hair with a silky texture and medium to a high luster.
- 100% REMY processed to the highest international standards.
- The finest human hair is processed in the most sophisticated Malaysian style.
- Soft, luscious, shiny, bouncy, light-as-air hair.
Peruvian hair bundles in bulk have become extremely popular. This hair is extremely durable and versatile and for this reason allows you to style and curl it repeatedly with great results. This makes Peruvian hair a great multi-purpose hair as you can constantly change your look and style without damaging the hair too much. The hair is extremely soft and slightly silkier than Brazilian hair. As Peruvian hair is still relatively rare it is also usually relatively more expensive than other hair types.
- Peruvian hair is often steam curled to develop a tight wavy pattern.
- The durability of Peruvian hair allows the hair to maintain its curly texture very well.
- Peruvian hair is more coarse and can come in light brown, deep brown, or darker colors.
This kind of hair is popular because of its length, texture, and softness. Just like the Brazilian type, it is not only bouncy and naturally airy but also can be styled easily. It is very good for wigs and hair extensions. However, it has a tendency to become frizzy and swelled up in foggy and humid weather. That is why needs anti-frizz products.
- Highest quality hair on the market.
- Naturally light and airy, it moves effortlessly with lots of bounce
- Tangle-resistant, easy to style
- Naturally being a dark brown, it blends ins with virtually all hair types, especially African American
So, Which Hair Is Better, Brazilian, Malaysian, Peruvian, or Indian Hair?
Well, honestly, it depends on your current hair texture, the look and feels you would like to achieve, and how much you are willing to spend. Both Malaysian hair, Indian hair, Peruvian hair, and Brazilian hair have beautiful qualities and are excellent choices when purchased from the right virgin hair manufacturer.