One of the vital factors to consider while installing a residential solar power system at your home is the capacity of the system to be installed. So, if you are planning to install a residential solar power system at your 300-500sq ft home, consider picking up a 3kW solar system!
A 3kW solar power system is a perfect fit for residential rooftop solar panels Penrith. Today, it has become the most preferred choice of solar modules for small to medium-sized households with 3-4 rooms. Despite being a smaller solar power system, it allows homeowners to run almost all heavy appliances including AC, refrigerator, washing machines, and LEDs.
However, when it comes to buying a 3kW solar power system in reality, you may come across multiple questions such as how many solar panels build up a 3kW solar system, how much space is required to mount the system, a 3Kw solar system price, how much solar energy can it produce, and so on.
Here in this guide, we have covered answers to all these aforementioned questions. Continue reading to know more about a 3kW solar panel system.
How many solar panels are required to build a 3kW solar system?
Since residential solar panel systems generally produce power ranging between 300W to 400W, a 3kW solar setup will require 7 to 10 solar panels to produce enough electricity to power a household. For instance, if you plan to use 250W solar panels on your residential solar power system, you would require 12 solar panels to deliver an output of 3kW.
How much roof space is required to install a 3kW system?
The typical size of a solar panel is around 1m x 1.6m and hence, you would require a roof space of at least 20m² to get the system to work efficiently. Please note that residential roof spaces mostly have sufficient room for a 3kW solar panel system installation.
What is the cost of a 3Kw solar system in Penrith?
A 3Kw solar system price may vary depending on the size and type of solar panels you are planning to purchase. Remember, the more efficient the solar panel system is, the more savings you can expect in the long run. The best way to determine the cost of a 3kW solar power system is to connect with a reliable and trusted solar company in Penrith and get honest price quotes.
To have a clear understanding, let’s find out the essential factors that determine the cost of a 3kW solar panel system are as follows:
- Quality of Panels: The quality of the components incorporated in the solar panel system may increase or decrease the price of the solar panel system.
- Size of Household: The bigger the size of the household, the more the number of solar panels required to produce electricity. For example, a double-story residential building requires installers to carry additional equipment to get the solar panels mounted on the rooftop.
- Roof Type: The cost of installing a 3kW solar panel system can be slightly higher if you have a tile or concrete roof. That’s because different mounting systems are required to install a 3kW solar power system on such roofs.
What is the power output of a 3kW solar power system?
The amount of electricity produced by a 3kW solar power system largely depends on factors like location, the presence of shade, the efficiency of the solar panels, and the placement of the solar panels. A 3kW solar power system has been a popular choice amongst homeowners in Penrith over the last decade.
In fact, a 3kW solar power system is still enough to power small to medium-sized households. A 3kw solar power system usually comprises 15 x 200W solar panels or 12 x 250W solar panels. Thus, it can produce about two-thirds of the total electricity requirement of an average household in Penrith.
Why should I choose a 3kW solar power system?
- Reduces Electricity Bills: One of the best advantages of installing a 3kW solar panel system at your home is that you can increase savings on your monthly energy bills.
- Feed-in Tariffs: Purchasing a 3kW solar panel system allows you to enjoy financial benefits such as feed-in tariffs. You will get a solar panel grant if you sell back the unused electricity to the national grid that is produced in excess by your rooftop solar panels.
- Low Maintenance: A 3kW solar panel system involves minimal maintenance and cleaning requirements. You might just require to replace the solar inverter once after 10-15 years.
Now that you have read the entire blog, you know the reasons for the popularity of 3kW solar panels in Penrith. Hope this guide helped you determine whether a 3kW solar panel system is ideal to suffice your household’s power requirements. However, if you’re still not sure about the purchase, speak to a professional solar installer. Just make sure to connect with a reputed and trusted brand dealing with solar products.